The DLP supports the development of regional Australia in new regional development areas by government provision of:
- low taxation rates to selected industries;
- low interest housing loans; and
- funding road and rail and energy infrastructure,
to promote settlement in those areas.
The DLP opposes the setting of domestic agricultural policy according to international trade agreements and will protect Australian farmers from the consequences of those agreements.
The DLP supports:
- a nationwide bushfire mitigation plan, funded by both federal and state governments, following the Western Australian model;
- tightened building regulations in fire prone areas; and
- establishing refuge safety areas.
The DLP supports a policy of building new reservoirs for the conservation of water and to mitigate the damage by flooding.
The DLP opposes the trading and commoditisation of water.